Campus Kronos Time Editors are responsibile for editing/correcting the nonexempt employee's Campus Kronos Timecard when needed.
Campus Kronos Time Editor Access is requested, approved and assigned via the Oracle Access Control Form. To view instructions on how to assign, update or terminate Campus Kronos Time Editor access, click here.
Phase II Implementation Project
The Phase II upgrades will assist time editors with classifying worked hours into accurate shift pay classifications. It will also provide time editors the ability to document and adjust paid non-worked hours for the non-exempt employee. Finally, in preparation for the TEL/Kronos Electronic feed, Time Editors will be required to “Approve” all non-exempt employee timecards prior to the Payroll Kronos Sign-Off deadline.
Phase two of the Campus Kronos implementation project will be introduced to the campus in two parts. Part One is scheduled to launch on Sunday September 17th; Part Two is scheduled to launch before the end of 2017.
Phase II: Part One will include:
- Non-exempt employees (primary assignments) will begin documenting their paid non-worked hours (vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement etc.) on their Kronos timecard.
- Lunch/Breaks less than 30 minutes will no longer calculate in the total “Daily” work hours.
- Regular work hours will be categorized into the correct shift pay codes on the Kronos timecard based upon HR policy 204.
- Time Editors will have the ability to add/adjust paid non-worked hours (vacation, sick, jury duty etc.) for accurate documentation on the timecard.
- Payroll Services will begin the “Payroll Sign Off” process, which requires Time Editors to approve employee timecards.
- Kronos/TEL Detail Report will be available in Oracle to assist with Kronos/TEL reconciliation.
Phase II: Part Two will include:
- Introduction of the Kronos Scheduler
- Kronos/TEL Electronic Feed and Approvals
- Worked and Paid Non-Worked hours
- TEL documents will create in Central Approved Status
Time Editor Phase II: Part One Instructional Video Tutorials
Time Editor Phase II: Part One New Timekeeping Task Overview
Campus Kronos Time Editor Training (Regulary scheduled classes are available through the UAB Learning System.)
Target Audience: Individuals who have been assigned the Campus Kronos Time Editor responsibility in the Campus Kronos System
Requirements: Campus Employees who have been identified as Campus Kronos Time Editors, must be assigned the UAB TEL Campus Kronos Responsibility in Oracle Finance.
Description: Covers Time Editor functions which include – reviewing, updating, reconciling, and approving non-exempt employee timecards, as well as generating ad hoc reports in the Campus Kronos Timekeeping System.
Quick Reference Guides and Forms:
Campus Kronos System Navigation Basics (PDF)
Understanding the Employee Timecard (PDF)
Common Timekeeping Task (PDF)
Accessing the Timecard Audit Trail (PDF)
Generating Campus Kronos Reports (PDF)
Adding Lunch Punches (PDF)
30 or 60 Minute Autodeduct Lunch Rule Quick Guide (PDF)
7-Minute Rounding Rule Quick Guide (PDF)
Lunch/Break Rounding Rule Quick Guide (PDF)
No Auto Deduct Lunch Rule Quick Guide (PDF)
Understanding Benefit Time Accrual Balances Quick Guide (PDF)
Campus Kronos Time Correction Form (PDF)
For immediate assistance, please contact the Kronos Help Desk: (205) 934-5122
Campus Kronos related questions can be emailed to: email@example.com
Campus Kronos staff is available to assist Org Time Editors and nonexempt employees with completing task in the Campus Kronos System during open clinic times every Thursday 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm in AB B60.