The UAB Purchasing Card (P-Card) program is designed to be a flexible form of payment that permits UAB employees to place orders for allowable purchases. The policies and procedures governing the UAB P-Card program are designed to protect both the P-Card user and the University. Participation in the UAB P-Card program is considered a privilege and all P-card users are expected to adhere to established policies and procedures.
UAB offers two P-Card types. P-Card requests for both types are made using the P-Card Application and Agreement form.
- Issued in the UAB employee's name
- May only be used by the cardholder
- Issued in the UAB organization's name
- Responsible cardholder manages use of the card within the UAB organization
Changes to the P-Card including responsible cardholder (organization card), proxy addition/deletion, credit limit increases, single transaction limit increases, international authorization, etc. are requested using the P-Card Account Maintenance Form.
Regions Intersect - UAB utilizes Regions Intersect for card management including the review (proxy) and approval (approver) of all P-Card transactions. Additional information including user account setup, system navigation, etc. may be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Card-related questions including credit limits, transaction disputes, available credit, international use, etc. should be directed to email@example.com.
- Card transaction-related questions including allowability, supporting documentation requirements, expense account(s), etc. should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- P-Card training information including LMS courses, instructor-led classes and weekly clinic opportunities should be directed to email@example.com.