This procedure applies to all purchases made with a University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Purchasing Card (P-Card). All purchases must be made in compliance with State of Alabama Bid Law, UAB Expenditure Guidelines and, where applicable, existing UAB contract vendor agreements. Exceptions to procedure may be authorized at the discretion of the Executive Director of Procurement and/or the UAB Chief Financial Officer, Associate Vice President for Financial Affairs with a documented business purpose.
The UAB P-Card program is designed to be a flexible form of payment that permits UAB employees to place orders for allowable purchases without the delays or paperwork that can accompany larger transactions. Responsibilities of P-Card program participation are as follows:
· The P-Card may not be used to make personal purchases. Willful intent to use the P-Card for personal gain or unauthorized use may result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination of employment and prosecution to the extent permitted by law.
· P-Card purchases must adhere to State of Alabama Bid Law, UAB Expenditure Guidelines and, where applicable, existing UAB contract vendor agreements. Failure to do so may result in either revocation of card privileges or other disciplinary action.
· P-Card participants must adhere to all established processing and/or documentation requirements.
· P-Card participants understand, prior to use of the card, all applicable forms, agreements and training must be completed.
· The P-Card must be kept in a secure location at all times, including any documentation (paper or electronic) that may contain the full 16-digit card number, expiration date and/ or CVV code.
· Compromised P-Cards (e.g. lost, stolen, suspected fraud, etc.) must be reported immediately to the card issuer and UAB P-Card Services.
P-CARD – CARD MANAGEMENT
P-CARD – ORGANIZATION
P-CARD – TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT
**Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.