Administrative Systems - Training, Instruction and Online Documentation
The Administrative Systems Instruction and Development Team is dedicated to providing training and instruction material to assist users of a variety of UAB Administrative Systems. To accommodate the training needs of the campus community a variety of training methods have been developed. Details are available by clicking on the links below. For questions regarding the information on this web page or concerning the below Administrative Systems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Kronos Timekeeping System
UAB Campus nonexempt employees utilize the Campus Kronos Timekeeping System in order to track the actual hours worked daily on their UAB Campus primary assignment.
Nonexempt Employee Online Training
Org Time Editor Online Training
Oracle Administrative System: Human Resources, Financial and Self Service Applications
The Oracle Administrative System is an integrated suite of Human Resources (HR) and Finance (FN) modules used by the University of Alabama at Birmingham for administrative operations and record keeping. It is a web-based system that includes a Self Service Application for all employees, as well as, HR and FN Applications for staff and faculty to conduct day-to-day business. The Oracle Adminstrative System uses an Oracle database and is typically referred to as "Oracle".
Oracle Instruction and Documentation - This online documentation is designed to provide users of the Oracle Administrative System with information and step-by-step instructions for effectively using the various system applications. Documentation has been developed for each system application and can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
- Using the UAB Self Service Applications - (recommended for all "active" UAB employees, trainees and volunteers)
- Using the Human Resource Applications - (recommended for users responsible for the processing of HR related transactions which includes ACT, TEL and Salary Reclass documents)
- Using the Finance Applications - (recommended for users responsible for the processing of FN related transactions which includes Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions and Journal Entries. Also recommended for users responsible for GL or GA account reporting)
Computer Classroom Instruction
For assistance with using the Oracle Administrative Systems we offer the following :
- Weekly "Walk-In" Instructor Led Clinics are held each Thursday afternoon from 2:00 to 3:30 in AB B60 computer classroom to assist users with specific problems or individualized training.For sensitive questions or immediate assistance, please email email@example.com.
- Assistance to Ask IT in providing Oracle-related desktop support. Contact Ask IT at 205-996-5555.
- Special training sessions for groups needing training or assistance with specific Oracle processes. To request a special session, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For employees that do not have access to a computer on the job site, Payroll Services located in the Administration Building Room 280, has three computers available to use. The Payroll Service staff is available to provide assistance with Self Service responsibilities each weekday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.